Sunday, August 05, 2007

Chiasmus! Idios!

Chiasmus! Idios!
I'm so so so addicted to the song I'd Do Anything by Simple Plan right now! Woooo! Been repeating the track for like the 50th time already.
Anyways, i stumbled upon this very interesting site www.chiasmus.com.
Basically, a chiasmus is:

chiasmus (ky-AZ-mus) n .a reversal in the order of wordsin two otherwise parallel phrases.chiastic adj

A well-known example would be : Never let a fool kiss u or a kiss fool u.
Cool!

When religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.


From Erich Fromm, in his classic The Art of Loving:
Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."Immature love says: "I love you because I need you."Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."

Ah!!!! I am so gonna die for the next chem test on organic chem!! I dunno y...i keep TELLING myself to fall in love. I desperately NEED to fall deeply, madly in love. With Chemistry. But that g*****n subject still hates me! All the reagents and conditions seem to elude capture by my memory. What is it that is so difficult in just memorising those stupid conditions???

Oh, Baz, my media club vp, just invented a new spell. Idios. It was so funny! She was playing some word games with Gui hao when suddenly, she was stuck with no words to change to create a new word. The word she was supposed to change was idiot. So in desperation, she erased the t and added an s. And we all asked her what it means in a 'there's no such word' tone.
Then Baz said it's a new spell from hp! And then she said in a very funny way: "Idios!" and waved her imaginary wand, and we all laughed so hard until Gui hao was holding her sides.
^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home