Wednesday, April 04, 2007

How Much is Too Much?

My first impression of 07s12: A Fun Class. I left mpr5 with a bitter-and lasting if I may add-aftertaste of that class.

It is not that I am condemning everyone in that class (A huge sincere thanks to those of them who realize that we s04 are humans like them too.), but there is a limit to how far one can 'fight' in a debate.

IF that is how they are going to behave if they are to represent pj for a national debating competition, I would immediately deny any connection with pj whatsoever. Yes, this is just an inter-class debate...and that is exactly my point. If an inter-class debate had gotten them that worked up, I wonder what happens if that was an episode of The Arena...which leads me to realize that there are actually NO SUCH PEOPLE in The Arena; they are actually respectable people who doesn't have their earphones over their ears while a debate is taking place before them.

Yes, that particular person is indeed amusing if I reflect back; he actually felt insulted(he was rebutting us) because my poor 2nd speaker was softly clarifying a point with my 3rd speaker, thus, he had so kindly said, " Hello, can you please listen while I'm talking?" (and in such friendly tones, my goodness).
Which tempts me to retort (in exactly the same friendly tone he had employed), " Hello, can you please respect the debaters, coz the sight of your earphones in clear view of everyone really doesn't suit the occasion."
Sometimes, it is just the way you present yourself that screams out, loud and clear: Whether you have enough respect for us to even show it (i.e what you wear). Don't tell me you are going to a funeral with your beloved earphone dangling from your ears?Make the effort to show if you claim you respect us as fellow debaters.

There was this Malay girl too (I assume she is a Muslim), who made a rebuttal. But it was a redundant one if she knows enough: Major (and most) religions such as Islam and Christianity forbid sex before marriage. She is trying to say that if people do not want to have children might as well don't marry, but co-inhabit instead. What a weird way of thinking coming from a Muslim...? This makes me really wonder...

She also touched something on "..a debater must have a high EQ.." (This was when my 3rd speaker practically pleaded for s12 to show some respect to us s04), which makes me go "huh?"...and "Do you need me to hold a mirror in front of your faces?"

At the end of it all, s12 gp teacher "...apologized on behalf of my class...”
But again, I find it quite absurd that their teacher has to apologize on their behalf, because as far as I'm concerned, they are not in Primary school anymore....and please do not give us half-hearted "sorry"-ies if you all do not mean it.
........

*Sitting back watching the drama unfold...*

_______________________________________________________________________On a Lighter note, me and Mich went Kakashi-hunting and Hitsugaya-hunting and bought some 'novelty' items (yea right). Woohoooh!!!But then...felt abit hurt (?) about something.... just when I had dreamt something good about it last night. But then, dreams rarely resemble reality.And I know I have great friends.That is why I am supplying sweets tomorrow for them. Hai!
_________On a more sober tone: I gotta keep maintaining this stamina._________
p.s: Superman, if u need sum1 to talk to, u know i m always available...there's no nid to resort to boy-boy...but everything is goonna be ok, trust me, ur parents will accept it, like mine did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home