Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tomorrow

Ohohoh! Check out what I just added in my template! Try typin in your names too! It's so fu! (and sooooo true! <3 ) On a more serious note, (huh, why is it serious? 0.o) tomorrow will be the blood donation drive. The straits times are coming down and all that.

It's quite scary. If I can, I wouldn't want to get interviewed. Urghh...my mind would sometimes betray me and go haywire when talking to journalists. (not like I've tried before) Tomorrow will only be for the J1s.

And oh, I really really (times 100) was inspired by a friend of mine's drawings. (Hidaya) She drew real life people so acutely and nicely doen that I was shocked. Realisation revealed itself to me...I felt like there was a book, and that book suddenly flips open and I saw how I had treated myself. What do I mean? I realised that it's been quite a few months...(was it almost 2 years?) that I felt really driven to draw something and FINISH it.

Even my beloved drawing of CJS (capt Jack Sparrow) was half done. I couldn't concentrate. I wasn't lazy, in a sense, even though that factor may contribute. I was more of like feeling dejected and down; I didn't get to watch alot of animes blabla...sounds trivial? But...I guess the most major factor affecting me is the support I got from my parents, and my family members. I know I didn't start off with excellent drawings. It had improved over time. I had started with anime-style drawings. In sec 4, I drew Avril Lavigne.


My friends said it was nice but lack shadings, and so it looked plain, simply not bursting with life. But...they said it had emotion. The picture has emotions. That's what they said. I didn't get what they meant late in 2006, when I drew CJS... (hohohohoh)

Anyways, my family members didn't really appreciate my efforts at trying to make them proud via drawing. They say it's a useless skill...quite. Being an artist isn't worth your life. You can't connect with everyone. Which is quite true. Everytime they found out that I'm drawing, they would remind me that I'm better off studying.

How I wish is that, just for a day, they would, instead of looking at my drawings and saying "Hm...nice, not bad." and change the subject, they would say " Hey, I'm so proud that our daughter can draw like that.". Or...are my works that terrible, until they have to resort to fake comments? By showing them what I had done, was it a waste of their time? Then, I guess I had stopped pouring my heart in my drawings. Maybe that's why I'm buying smaller sized drawing books than the usual A4 like I used to.


I guess what I'm trying to search for is love through appreciating me for who I am and what I can do, instead of trying to make me into someone I don't quite like.


I wish things were like that. Yup....

*heartbreaks*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home