Thursday, February 08, 2007

Blood Donation Drive

Yay Yay Yay!!

Blood donation drive was a success!!! Hohoho...

It was held at mpr3 yesterday. Since there was a huge response from the student population, only the J1s were to donate yesterday. The J2s will be donating on Valentine's Day(including me)...aww..so sweet...

Anyways, the 25 of us student volunteers were expected to report at 12.15. The drive starts at 2 pm. At first, it was quite messy, coz we were all excited and eager, but a little loss at what we are to do. Finally, we were assigned roles. I became the clipper, where I get to clip off the blood flow in the plastic tube when they had reached their mark.

Hohoho...

Lemme see if I can recall any interesting things that happened yesterday...

Oh, the reporter from Straits Times came down and took photos galore...and it so happens I was in some of the photos she took! I peayed yesterday night when I got home, so that my face won't be published on the paper...that would be like omg.

Anyways, my gp teacher...omg...I tell you what happened...: the nurse inserted the bigbig needle into her arm already, when suddenly, the vein disappears. So she had to pull the bigbig needle out a little then insert it again. It went on for quite a while. In, out...in, out....

omg.

It was a scary sight, I tell u.

Oh, and a few of my friends from s04 came down to donate as well. Carine, Hui Min, Adib, Pallavi and Bernard. You rox guys! Hohoho...=)

Oh, and poor poor Adib. He only got to donate half a packet, becoz, halfway through, his blood stopped flowing into the packet. At some point when the nurses and even the doctor came down to check, I felt like my heart would stop, thinking about the blood flow that had stopped. I thought he would die. Scary man...

I hate to see death in the face. It brings back a particular bitter memory. Hell, it's not even supposed to be a memory. A memory is something nice. It's a nightmare.

And then...this one guy ah...he was so scary, I tell you...

HIs face became 'translucent' and he looked very very weak....So the nurses tilt the chair back. They told me the purpose of tilting the chair back was so that the blood in the tube would flow back into him. Really meh?

Anyways, made a few friends along the way...it was super fun...I got to wear surgical gloves! Yea man!!

There will be another drive on 14 Feb. Pls come down and support us. Hohoho...

Signing off! Up, up and away....~~Wheee....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home